Let’s face it, going to the dentist isn’t exactly anyone’s idea of fun, but it is necessary for our oral and overall health. We believe that your dental visit should be comfortable and that you should leave pain free. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case with a dentist visit though. Most people choose only to see a dentist every six months, which is the standard checkup period. However, if you’re experiencing something unusual or any kind of pain, it’s important you take it seriously and see a dentist. Below are 5 signs that it’s time for your dental checkup!
1) Toothache – Even if the pain subsides after a day, don’t let this go ignored. It’s important you see a dentist to make sure there is nothing more serious stemming from this.
2) Gum Inflammation – Anytime your gums are swollen or inflamed, this is a sign it’s time to see your dentist. This could be a sign of gingivitis or periodontis, which is not to be taken lightly.
3) White Spots on Teeth – These are the first sign of dental decay. Tooth decay can often occur without any symptoms, so it’s important that if you begin to notice spots, you immediately see your dentist, just to be safe.
4) Tooth Sensitivity (Hot v. Cold) – If you’re suddenly experiencing increased sensitivity to extreme temperatures, chances are that it could be a cavity.
5) Canker Sores – Most people have had a canker sore at some point in time. However if you experience a canker sore that does not heal in a few days and continues to be bothersome, seek the expertise of a dentist.
At Parke Dentistry we see a multitude of dental issues. It is our goal to provide you with the highest standard of care possible. Whether you have a serious tooth emergency or you’re in search of a cosmetic dentist, Parke Dentistry can meet your needs!