One of the hugely popular alternatives to conventional metal braces, the Invisalign system uses a set of clear, removable aligners fabricated from medical-grade polymer. Invisalign uses 3D computer imaging technology to fix teeth alignment problems and bite-related issues.
Invisalign aligners work by gently moving the patient's teeth to their ideally correct position. Dentists use 3-D computer imaging software to manufacture custom-made aligners to fit the patient's teeth. With the help of computer software, it is possible to plan the entire treatment and manufacture aligners for each phase to align the teeth perfectly.
As Invisalign aligners do not contain any braces or metal wires, it is a more comfortable and convenient way to align teeth than metal braces.
What Can Invisalign Aligners Treat?
Invisalign aligners treat the following dental concerns:
- Crooked or misaligned Teeth
- Overbite, underbite, or crossbite
- Gaps or excessive space between teeth
- Open Bite
- Overlapping or poor positioning of the teeth
- Crowded teeth
Who are the Suitable Candidates for Invisalign Procedure?
Invisalign can help people improve the aesthetics and appearance of their smiles and achieve their cosmetic goals. However, these aligners are not apt for all patients and in all cases. This is why Dr. Stephanie Parke or Dr. Renee Rogers conducts a detailed analysis of the patient's mouth to ensure the best treatment option.
- Invisalign is ideal for older teenagers and adults with predominantly grown permanent teeth.
- Invisalign can treat only mild orthodontic issues. If the malocclusion is serious, dentists usually recommend other orthodontic treatments.
- As Invisalign aligners require fewer dental appointments, it can benefit those who hate going for regular dental visits to tighten the wires of their metal braces.
- Invisalign aligners are an ideal option for people who wish to align their crooked teeth discreetly.
Benefits of Invisalign aligners?
Invisalign aligners offer the following benefits to the patients:
- Invisalign aligners are clear, almost invisible, and are aesthetically appealing than metal braces.
- Invisalign aligners offer quicker results than metal braces.
- Patients wearing Invisalign need not alter their diets or lifestyle habits as they can remove the aligners while brushing, flossing, or having food.
- As Invisalign aligners do not include any metal wires, edges, or brackets, it usually causes less trouble.
- Invisalign aligners help correct the relapsing tooth movement once the metal braces are removed.
Things to Do to Take Care of Invisalign
- Clean the Invisalign aligners regularly.
- Do not use any abrasive materials to clean the aligners.
- Rinse the aligners once you remove them.
- Remove the aligners before having food.
- Do not compromise on your oral care routine.
- Store the aligners in their case when you are not using them.
If you wish to learn more about Invisalign aligners, call us at (281) 419-2632 and schedule an appointment with Dr. Stephanie Parke or Dr. Renee Rogers at Parke & Rogers Dentistry.